Off Broadway (and sometimes Broadway) Reviews and Information.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Fundamental Theater Project Reading on June 11th...


.
This is cool.  My partner and I had a fundraiser for Minnesotans United for All Families a few weeks ago.  My partner's family lives in Minnesota, and friends are working on the campaign of Minnesotans United for All Families.  A couple of our good friends run The Fundamental Theater company. They couldn't donate a lot of money - which was no problem, but they have decided to do a reading to help raise awareness.
.
Here is their blurb...
.

.
Links are here:  Fundamental Theater Project  & Minnesotans United for All Families
.
Please come if you want, RSVP through info@fundamentaltheaterproject.com.  I say a scene or two from this done at a Fundamental Theater project fundraiser, and it is great!  It will be a kick.
.
If you just want to support Minnesotans United for All Families - also cool.
This cause  means a lot to me because my partner and I were married in California in 2008.  Since then, Prop 8 passed and same sex marriage is no longer legal in California.  As a Los Angeles native, it broke my heart to see my state pass this law.  I am dedicated to fighting this and work to try to keep my marriage legal.
.
I am proud of our friends at Minnesotans United - and proud of my straight friends at Fundamental Theater Project that are helping to bring awareness to this effort.
.
Thank you seems inadequate, but it is heartfelt.

No comments:

Post a Comment